Saturday, April 26, 2008

Billikens

In Saint Louis. Wearing an XU shirt. Dad questioned my wearing the shirt but you know what I say? XU went to the Elite Eight and the Saint Louis Billikens didn't do anything so... there. Enough said. I'm proud to be an Xavier University alumna.

Saw lots of green hills yesterday. I feel like we've lost a little of 66 as we moved into the midwest. I mean, we still see old things that are on the route, but it just doesn't feel the same as in the desert. Made it to Saint Louis and its Saturday. Might head up into Illinois a little today time willing.

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I sit with the laptop on my lap for nine or ten hours a day and can't stand being around it any longer. You see, I'm riding with the laptop on my lap, tracking our progress and turns on the GPS, in addition to reading instructions from the guidebook, reading information about the upcoming locations (what is photo-worthy)... Too much computer.

Going to check out Ted Drewes today, famous for frozen custard. There is a dog museum here but Dad says we don't have enough time.

Its near the end of the trip, but in total, it was good. I'm glad we did it. I wish I could have gotten out and explored a little more, but time didn't allow it. I think I'll cruise 66 again, but definitely plan more time to do it. Two weeks and do half of it, and I'll get out at every stop, laptop or not. :)

I've been holding up the show this morning because I've been trying to add more pictures to the website, but having server issues. You never want to be the one holding up the show when you're traveling with Dad!

Have a good day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go XU! Maybe you'll run into some other X fans in St. Louis. Hey, it could happen =)

April 26, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home