Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lou Mitchell's

Lou Mitchell's was everything I had been dreaming of for the last year. SO GOOD. Andre and I went there a year ago before he deployed - in our little weekend jaunt to Chicago - and it was good. Today was just the same. Amazing. You think that maybe it is going to just be a little dinner, but after your first bite, you know that is anything but. Delicious.

Andre had an egg sandwich; I had an omelet with potatoes and bread. The bread - soft, delicious. The omelet - very tasty. I can't say enough about how good this place is.

Andre visited their website. There was mention on it of them selling franchises. I don't know if this is good or bad for Lou Mitchell's. We talked about it at breakfast and decided there is something special about the Lou Mitchell's location, the atmosphere, something that can't easily be re-created.

If you visit Chicago, I recommend a breakfast at Lou Mitchell's. They give you donut holes when you walk in and Milk Duds for all the ladies. The experience is a special treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home